- The standard, fine cross-hair reticleis black during the day and is tritium-illuminated red or amber at night. Advantageous in military and police applications for counter-sniper precision aiming.
- Iron sight see through. For AR15 and M16 carry handle models, a hole in the ACOG base allows iron sight use.
- Longer eye relief accomodates large caliber ammunition, such as 7.62 NATO, on model TA11 sights.
- Bindon Aiming Concept (BAC) models include a dual-illuminated reticle. At night, the reticle is illuminated by tritium and in the daytime by a fiber optic light collector. The system adjusts automatically for optimal contrast with the target area.
- Magnification: 4X
- Eye Relief: 1.5 in
- Exit Pupil: 8 mm
- Field of View: 7.0 degrees
- Field of View: 36.8 ft at 100 yds
- Adjustment: 3 clicks per inch at 100 yds.
- Length: 5.8 in
- Weight: 10.9 oz
Initially designed for the M16 family, every feature of the ACOGs mechanical and optical design was chosen for a single purpose – to provide increased hit potential in all lighting conditions. The exterior of the ACOG is a forged aluminum body (aircraft strength 7075 alloy) which is precision machined to exacting tolerances then hard-anodized. ACOG